Tuesday, May 1, 2007

i wonder what _____ is doing right now.

hmm...good question. i'm not sure what they're all doing, but i'm pretty sure it's more fun that what i'm doing right now.

i'm at work, wondering how i'm ever going to learn everything that i need to learn. i started a new job 3 months ago and i feel as though i will *never* get it all down. the world of higher education financial aid is a crazy one. and a confusing one.

but i digress...

*my better half, jas - well, i just spoke with him on the phone, so i know that he has set up camp in front of the computer playing everquest, a very evil and addictive game. i hate when jas plays it, and when we first got married, he spent more time on everquest than he did with me. we had to lay down some rules on how long and when he can play. but, since he has a week sans the kids, he can play his little heart out. and he has. no doubt about that.

*lj and aj - lj and aj are my adorable and incredible daughters (ages 4 and 2, respectively) who are currently spending the week in missouri with my parents (thus allowing jas to play everquest for 8 hrs straight). knowing my mom, she probably has the girls in the backyard running through the sprinkler...or, if it's cooler today, they are most likely at the park. if in fact they are physically in the house, there is no doubt that lj and aj are cramming dog biscuits down my parents' pooches' mouths (was that grammatically correct?). the girls love to feed the dogs as many biscuits as they will eat and i'm quite certain that the dogs each gain 5+ lbs each time my girls visit.

*my parents' pooches - there is no doubt in my mind that they are both fast asleep - winston under the dining room table and madison on the floor of bathroom - content with full bellies.

*hank, my cat - he's such a weird cat, so i can't pinpoint where he may be. sleeping on my pillow? curled up on jas's lap? out catching baby bunnies? plotting how to sneak another near-death mouse into my living room in order to watch me completely FREAK out? your guess is as good as mine, but i sure hope it's not one of the latter. after my day at work today, i'm hoping the rest of my day will be uneventful. *knock on wood.*

No comments: