Wednesday, May 30, 2007

i know where i'll be.

disclaimer: before you begin reading, i want to apologize. i am slowly but surely recovering from a bout of the flu and a bonus sinus infection. my head is quite foggy and i am on 2 medications that warn me against operating heavy machinery. so, if this post makes little to no sense, please forgive me as my mind is somewhere far, far away. thank you.

=======================================

i have no doubts of where i will in 10, 30, even 50 years from now. while my physical home may change, i know that the location of it will not. yes, i feel quite confident that i will always make my home in and around the indianapolis are. i love this city. and i honestly don't want to leave.

i grew up in a small, small town called santa claus. (yes, really.) i loved my small home town and was always frightened a bit of the big city. jas and i lived further north right after getting married, but we were only there for a short time before we knew we had to move a little further south. we were closer to family in indy; had plenty of friends in the area; and it just fit us. indy is a wonderful city for many reasons, but for me, i love that there are things to do, but it still has that small town feel. it's a wonderful place to call home and i never want to leave. sure, i'd love to live in a more upscale neighborhood...or on a lake with a little more land...but regardless of where that might be, i know that it won't be far from this fantastic city.

1 comment:

Wicked M said...

Oh Indiana. How I miss you! I am jealous that you know where you will be forever. It would be comforting to me. Putting down roots for your children and letting them spread their wings.

I miss Indiana and all of its wonderful familiarity.