Monday, April 29, 2013

The Candy Man Can

I absolutely, positively LOVE candy!!!  If I could eat it all day long, I certainly would.  I've never met a candy I didn't like -- except for black licorice.  And, quite honestly, I would probably even eat black licorice in a pinch.  I eat so much candy that my coworkers call me "Junk Mouth."  Not the most endearing nickname, but an accurate one, I suppose.

I'm not a candy snob by any means.  Like I mentioned earlier, I have a sincere love for nearly all kinds of candy.  Chocolates, fruity candies, hard candies, gummy candies, etc.  They all hold a special place in my heart.  I appreciate each kind of candy for it's uniqueness.  But if I had to choose only one candy to satisfy me for the rest of eternity, I would pick Goetze's caramel creams. 


OH MY. 

Heaven in a bag.

I cannot eat enough of them.  The worst/best part is that the Dollar Tree sells them in the big bags.  I can have a whole huge bag of them for $1.  It's a blessing because my favorite treat is just $1 away...it's a curse because my favorite treat is just $1 away.  They are too accessible for me and I can't stop eating them once I start.  In fact, I eat them by the bagful in one sitting.  It's terrible, I know, but I have no willpower when it comes to the caramel creams.  They are just too delicious for me and I am too weak.

I hope that I never live in a world where I am forced to only eat one kind of candy, but if my nightmare was to come true, I would happily live out the rest of my life with unlimited bags of my beloved Goetze's caramel creams. 








No comments: