Monday, April 1, 2013

High/Low

Well, hello there!  I had planned on creating this post tonight after I'd gotten a full day under my belt, but whaddyaknow - our system went down.  So, instead of twiddling my thumbs or checking facebook again or browsing Pinterest, I thought I'd go ahead and post.

There's a little thing we do as a family at the dinner table each night called "High/Low."  I'm not quite sure where we got the idea to do it, but what I do know is that it's an exercise we look forward to as we munch our dinner.  And for those of you with children, it's a fabulous way to get them to open up and talk about their days.  It's pretty simple, although there are a couple of rules.  It goes something like this:

1) Share the top 2 or 3 things that happened to you today (AKA: your highs)
2) Share the lowest 1 or 2 things that happened to you today (AKA: your lows)
3) You CANNOT interrupt while someone is talking.  Everyone gets a turn, so keep your mouth closed until we get to you.

Got it?
Good.
Let's begin.
I'll go first since this was my idea.

Highs:
1)  I purchased gas this morning for $3.34. 
2)  Our system is down.  Work is crazy busy right now, so I'm enjoying the break in action for a moment.

Lows:
1)  I've eaten far too much cake and candy today.  And along those same lines, all of the treadmills were taken when I went to work out on my lunch hour.  So, instead of running, I ended up stationary biking.  Ugh.
2)  Spring Break is over, so our hectic home life schedule starts up again tonight.  While I love the rhythm and predictability of it, it is nice to get a break from it every once in a while. 

So what about you?  I wonder what your high/lows are for today?

1 comment:

MSO Rin said...

I am IN LOVE WITH this tradition, super jane! This is just the cutest thing ever ... and a great way to make sure that you put some positivity out on the table along w/the all-too-easy-to-rattle-off (at least for me) rants.

Sorry you're in cuckoo-land. I have Spring Break this week and today, Day One, has been pure bliss.