Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Roses & Thorns

I love this little tradition that super jane has suggested this week!  We did this in the house I grew up in and we always called it Roses and Thorns.  Since super jane did such a fab job of explaining how it works, I will just get right to it.

Thorns:
1.  I still cannot seem to figure out a schedule for my Superboy.  Poor kid is so tired all the time and he just cannot seem to figure out that sleeping past 4 a.m. would help a lot.  -sigh-
2.  I really dislike poor customer service.  I had a terrible experience with a retailer this morning who really disappointed me.  I also had a poor experience with Superboy's pediatrician's office today.  I called with what I thought would be a simple question, but they failed me once again.  I have been feeling like they do not do a great job with my questions for months now, but I am think I am going to have to bite the bullet and find a new doc for Superboy.  BLEH.  Also, I still have the same question!  Arg!

Roses:
1.  I got to see my maternal grandmother for the second time in just four days!  I had fun hanging out with her and my parents this afternoon.  I am very lucky to still have two grandmothers in my life.
2.  Today is already Tuesday!  I have survived two days of solo parenting again since Superman started traveling for work again.  He was home for two lovely weeks and we miss him very much.  I cannot wait for him to be home again on Thursday.
3.  I finished a cross-stitch project I have been working on for what seems like forever.  I am so happy that it is complete and that I can be proud of my work.  Now I can move on to the next project!
4.  I shared text messages with a great friend today.  She helps me see the sunny side of things and made me smile.

I am happy to report that there were more roses than thorns today.  I call that success!

No comments: