Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Discovering Paris

As we've previously discussed, I've been blessed to have traveled to many parts of the globe during my formative years.  My husband, on the other hand, had never been given the opportunity to travel abroad, specifically France.  He had taken French in high school in order to earn his foreign language credit.  He loved pictures of the Eiffel Tower.  He made oogly eyes over books about the Louvre.  Quite simply, Jas had a love affair with Paris.

When the opportunity to travel to Paris (as well as Monte Carlo and Amsterdam) with 2 other couples presented itself, we jumped on it.  And now, some 6 years later, we still talk about the memories we made.

Amsterdam and Monte Carlo were incredible, but for Jas, Paris naturally took the cake.  Watching him discover Paris will forever be one of my favorite memories of him.  From the time we stepped foot off the Eurail and onto French soil, Jas was in his element.  He translated signs and asked locals for directions - tasks the others in our party could not do.  Jas took full advantage of his time in Paris, immersing himself in the culture.  One night, he even drug me to the Eiffel Tower late, late at night while the others slept.  My grumblings quickly turned to praises for his idea when the twinkling lights of the Eiffel Tower lit up the Parisian night. 

Yes, our time in Paris was magnificent and more amazing than I ever dreamt it would be.  And I'm forever grateful that I watched a dream of my husband's come true, right before my very eyes.

1 comment:

MSO Rin said...

The best romantic stories usually start that way: one of the two is grumpy about the other's enthusiasm/insistence about something, and then--voila!--it's magical. SO sweet!