Friday, August 24, 2007

I Wonder Why The Weekend Feels So Short?

I'm back for Free For All Friday here at WW at the request of MSO Rin who was supposed to post last Friday, but didn't for personal reasons. Understandable. And then? Today she is too busy to post again!? Considering that I do virtually no work at all on Fridays (ok, any day), I am more than happy to help her out. :)

************

I wonder why the work week feels so dang long and the weekend always feels so short? I mean, I get that the week itself is five days and that the weekend is only two, but seriously. The work week seems to drag on and on. My entire eight hour work day seems to pass by so slowly and my evenings are filled with making dinner, laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping and maybe something fun like a golf lesson or dinner out with friends. By the time Friday rolls around, I'm so tired that I almost always fall asleep on the couch at some ridiculously early hour, like 8:00 p.m. So, Friday night passes in a blur of sleep.

The weekends are sometimes filled with fun things like a round of golf, sitting by the pool, or running a jillion miles. Weekends sometimes mean traveling to see loved ones or going out to a lingering dinner with Superman. Often, the weekends are also full of errands that didn't get done during the week -- the grocery store, dry cleaning, Tar-zhay, etc. I think most of the time I'm too busy to even realize that my Saturday just flew by in a mind-boggling twelve seconds.

By the time Sunday rolls around, I always just want to be lazy. Lazy often means reading trashy magazines and taking a nap. Another thing of note is that naps somehow make time sail by. I fall asleep at 1:30 and wake up at 3:00? It seems as though ten hours of time have been lost during the "recuperative" nap. Hm. Sunday night brings the typical Sunday-night-dread-of-upcoming-Monday-morning-work and then the weekend is gone. In a flash!

All I know is that by the time Monday morning rolls around, the weekend was way too short and I could use another weekend to recover from my weekend. Now.

No comments: