Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Why?

We've heard about perms, mullets, purposely mussed hair...how could no one have mentioned the comb over? Or the side ponytail? Banana clips? Crimpers? Scrunchies? State Fair Hair? Stacked bangs? I could go on and on. I've seen a side ponytail in the last several months and I would take a banana clip over a comb over any day. But they're all awful. Just awful.

How about leggings? Tapered jeans? Acid wash? Raise your hand if you were alive in the 1980s and were a victim of any of these awful trends. The sad part is that some people still actually wear these things. Did you roll the bottom of your jeans? Did you wear several colors of socks at once to match your outfit? Why any of us ever thought any of these things were cute is beyond me -- why we thought that wearing any combination of these items was a good idea is a better question.

I'm not the fashion police by any stretch of the imagination. I've been a fashion victim on more than one occasion, so I can't truly pass judgment. But I will laugh at you after you walk by if you have a comb over. Or are wearing acid wash jeans. You've been warned.

1 comment:

super jane said...

and oh my holy heck, these things are coming back in style! we seriously need to let the 80s die.

i liked the music.
i liked the tv shows.
but, please let's leave the fashions back in the decade where they belong.