Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Am I That Old?

It is funny, really. There are some days that I wake up feeling like a kid. I could be twelve for all I know. Then there are other days that I feel like I am about 100. Most times I truly feel like I am 31 -- my current age. I have settled into this age fairly easily and for the first time in my life, I truly feel my actual age. I think I would feel older if I had children. That would be an awesome responsibility that would probably age me quite a bit. Since I only have myself and my husband to care for (and my super fluffy cat too!), I live a pretty easy life.


Now that I am 31, I am really starting to feel it. The past few years have been a touch more stressful in many regards and I would be lying if I did not say that there are some days when I wake up feeling like, "Woof. This 31 is a real bitch." Other days, I am beyond thankful that I have made it to 31 and that I have all of the experience and wisdom that come from 31 years of living on this Earth. Sure, my feet hurt a little bit more than they used to, but 31 really is not all that bad. Really!

1 comment:

super jane said...

is anybody out there?

or do i just really suck at being monday's host?

wait.

don't answer that.