Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Wonder Why People Hibernate?

This wonder is fairly easy for me. When I'm sick, or angry, or upset, or feeling sorry for myself, I just don't want to go anywhere or do anything. I don't want to see people or be bright, shiny Wicked M. I just want to curl up in my pajama pants on the couch. I want to snuggle into my comfy pillow and cuddle up with my cozy blanket. I want to watch bad daytime t.v. or sleep for hours on end. I pretty much want to turn my brain off.

I think it it this way for most people. I mean, when you've just puked for five hours due to the flu, do you really want to put on make-up and go to work? Do you really want to have to smile when the boss asks you for the same print-out for the eleventeenth time? When you've just had your heart ripped out of your chest, stomped on and crushed, do you really want to go out with your friends to the club? Do you really want to shove your biscuit into those tight blue jeans and put on sparkly eyeshadow? The answer, my friends, is NO.

Everyone needs time to heal. We all heal in different ways, but I think one of the greatest ways to heal yourself -- whether you are sick or tired or cranky or heartbroken, etc. -- is to just be by yourself and be quiet. Be still. Be quiet. Marinate. Hibernate.

No comments: