Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I Wonder if We're Alone

It’s pretty presumptuous of us humans to assume we’ve got the market cornered on intelligent life … well, on life, anyway. Let’s leave the ‘intelligent’ modifier off.

What I really wonder is if, somewhere out there in the vast reaches, some other being is sitting around at work wondering the same thing. Maybe remarking to a coworker over a cup of eeffoc, “Hey, Egroeg, do you think there might be some other tenalp way far away that is inhabited by, I don’t know, sgniht that work and eat and sleep and go to the rodeo like we do? Wouldn’t that be yzarc? I don’t know, man, it’s pretty dliw if you think about it.”

That would mean we’re thinking about each other right now and we don’t even know it. I gotcher meta right here, Mr. Kaufman!

No comments: