Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I Wonder What We Are Thankful For

Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, the Wonder Women have taken the week off from individual entries. Instead, as a tribute to the holiday that asks us to give thanks, we've made a list of the things we are thankful for. As you will see, we truly are a very lucky group of girls.

g love
-Short work weeks
-Long weekends
-My tiny 4 ounce son
-My husband, Darlin'
-My boyfriend, John Corbett (Chris in the Morning from Northern Exposure, and Aiden from SATC)
-Speaking of SATC, the upcoming movie, which I await with bated breath
-My friend MSO Rin, who introduced me to SATC by showing me the series finale (I was late in the game) - and for lots of other things that she knows
-My friend Wicked M, for starting a blog that got us all connected again - and for being a non-stop cheerleader to everyone she knows
-My friend SJ, for offering of herself and her "shoulder", and being a wonderful source of comfort and positivity
-My stupid job, that I love to dawg but must (grumblingly, reluctantly) acknowledge has brought wonderful things to my life
-Schmuppy Dog and Schmitty Cat
-My family, my friends, my reliable car, my tiny house, and Cadbury's English Toffee filled chocolate
-And finally (another thing I have to thank Wicked M for introducing me to) - icanhascheezburger.com

MSO Rin
*pretty, fluffy snow
*the way my fat cat J walks across my pillow/hair to wake me up on the weekends
*hot coffee & a chocolate-chip-ginger cookie (the breakfast of champions)
*my favorite pair of jeans (they fit again … thanks, gym membership)
*a hilarious voicemail from my then-three-year-old nephew that I have kept for almost a year and listen to once a month
*really liking my job most of the time
*long phone dates with my best girls
*stageXing’s laugh
*movie popcorn and contraband mini Reece’s Cups
*a close-knit family
*seeing good theatre
*getting a fresh new magazine in the mail
… and, of course,
*being a WonderWoman!


super jane
my list could be a million and a half entries long. i am one lucky (and very thankful) gal. i have been blessed in incredible ways and God always amazes me at how he pulls me through even the toughest of times. to save you all from reading 28 pages of 'thankings,' i'll keep it to a few. and even though they may be very general, i'm still thankful for them all the same!
-my babies and super jas
-a beyond loving, supportive, and hilarious family!
-the fact that i have a roof over my head and a job that is flexible and pays the bills
-anthony lapaglia

Wicked M
*My thoughtful husband
*Laughter coupled with snorting
*Good, true friends
*My amazing family
*My husband's recovered health
*Instant messaging that allows me to keep in touch with friends and to be entertained during my work day
*Sly the Wonder Cat, his chubby belly and his silent meows
*Treadmills
*Seeing the Eiffel Tower up close and in person
*Escapism through television
*My job that allows me to earn a good living, blog during the day, and feel like I'm making a difference in the world.
*My husband having found the job of his dreams
*comfy lounge pants
*My ability to see the joy even through the pain

There you have it. Now, tell us what you are thankful for this year.

No comments: