Friday, November 16, 2007

an average auto.

i'm not much into cars, so i'm not sure exactly what brand i would be. i've driven my car for over 2 years now and i still can't remember the model of it. i know it's a toyota, but that's about all. it's embarrassing, but what can i do? i'm just not into cars. so rather than describe the make and model of the car i would be, i'm simply going to describe it's features. after reading my description, please tell me which car i am. that way i'll know the answer if this topic ever arises in a party conversation. thank you in advance for saving me the embarrassment.

i am just your run-of-the-mill car. i'm not really flashy; in fact, i'm quite cheap. i watch my gas tank like a hawk and sometimes it bothers me. i'm not so much an economically wise car as much as just a cheap car. i'm a basic car. i don't have a lot of the extra bells and whistles because i'm simple and, to be frank, i just don't need them. why get a gps system when i can buy a map for a lot less? sure, i'd like to have a souped up engine, or those fancy hub caps that spin backwards while i'm sitting at a red light, but what's the point? it's just a waste of money, if you ask me.

i don't like to go fast either. i take my time getting from point 'a' to point 'b.' i never, ever hit the accelerator when the light turns green; rather, i take my time coming out of the starting blocks. sometimes, i wait so long that by the time i decide to hit the gas, the light is red again and i've missed the opportunity to advance in my journey.

i like to think that i very rarely encounter any transmission problems. i'm built to last and what you see if (usually) what you get. i have a solid infrastructure and have read many manuals on how to maintain myself - spiritually and physically. to the other road warriors i encounter along my journey, i appear to have it all together. my doors are always locked, my seatbelt is always fastened. but once i park in the garage and turn off my engine, i sometimes emit a few pillows of smoke. my engine though - the heart and soul of my frame - is firm and true.

i know i'm not a corvette or any type of sporty thing. i used to be the life of the party, but now i'm a little more subdued. steady, reliable, tried and true. just your average car, i suppose. just your average automobile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could be a Matrix. It's what I drive, a Toyota Matrix. Sounds like that to a T. Except if I ever drove "you," we'd spin out of redlights. I'm an impatient driver. ;)