Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ah, Home

I love to travel and I love the feeling of leaving all responsibility behind and escaping the world for a while.  I love exploring new places and seeing new things.  I have been fortunate enough to travel to amazing places.  I love to think about the memories made while in these places and, oh, how I wish I could go back to every place I have loved!

I visited St. Lucia on my honeymoon and it was such an fun trip.  After all the stress of wedding planning melted away, Superman and I warmed our weary buns in the sand.  We drank cocktails and laughed and played in the ocean.  It was a fantastic trip and I would love to go back someday.

Superman and I spent our first anniversary in Key West.  This was such a fun occasion and we had a ball riding scooters around, eating ourselves silly and relaxing.  This was a genuinely fun place to visit and I have such fond memories of being caught in a rainstorm and seeking shelter while laughing hysterically.  I would go back here in a heartbeat.

Our trip to Paris was beyond anything I could have ever dreamed.  We wandered the streets, visited beautiful places and ate amazing food.  Seeing the Eiffel Tower was breathtaking.  We would eat "French dinner" in our hotel room -- sharing baguettes, cheese, and wine.  I had always wanted to visit this magical place and I would love to go back someday.

My favorite place I have ever visited is the Napa Valley.  Without question, this trip was the best I have ever had.  Superman and I flew into San Diego and drove up the coast to celebrate our third anniversary.  We spent our days driving through the mountains and valleys to discover wineries.  We ate cheese and bread and drank w-i-n-e.  It was glorious.  The people were so friendly.  The restaurants were so good.  The inn that we stayed in was cozy and welcoming.  The weather was amazing  -- sunny days and cool nights.  We would sit on our balcony in the evenings and listen to the fountains bubbling.  This place was bliss.  Every part of this trip was perfect.  I often re-visit this trip in my dreams.

It may sound cheesy but my absolute favorite place to travel is home.  I know some may say this is a cop-out.  However, it is the truth.  I love that feeling of driving up to my house and knowing that my favorite people will be there with me.  I love knowing that my heavenly bed is waiting for me.  My refrigerator is full of my favorite food.  I have wine!  Home has my comfy couch and all of my books.  It is my happiest place full of memories and love.  So, no matter where I travel in the world, I will always love going home the most.

1 comment:

Mims said...

This post totally gave me the travel bug. I remember a picture of you on a scooter in Key West! Your Napa trip sounds amazing - you had me at 'wine'!

And oh, Paris. My heart still lies in France - we keep daydreaming about our next big trip and there are so many places we haven't been that we want to explore......but it's so hard to pass up an opportunity to spend time in France again. I'm trying to compromise with a Montreal visit ;-)