Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Wondering About 2009

There are two scenarios for 2009, I suppose. On the whole, 2009 could either be a colossal success or a giant failure. Obviously, I am hoping for success.

My dream for 2009 is that it will be bringing me wealth, health, and happiness in infinite measure. A lottery win, my seventeen year old body back, and constant belly laughs would fit the bill quite nicely. However, I am not delusional. So, I have a feeling that 2009 will bring that ever-popular mix of good and bad. ("You take the good, you take the bad, you take 'em both and there you have, THE FACTS OF LIFE! THE FACTS OF LIFE!") Sorry, I could not resist.

So, reality time. I hope that 2009 brings me clarity about some very large looming decisions in my life. Should I have a kid (ever)? If yes, when? Should Superman and I stay on the east coast, should we move back to the midwest or should we explore living in an entirely new location? Should I set out on a new career path? What kind of car should we buy when our lease runs out this Spring? Just how many pairs of shoes can I fit in our closet?

I also hope that 2009 brings me a lot of fun travel, a lot more time with my husband, and a chance to spend more quality time with far-flung friends. I am hoping 2009 continues to bring me as much happiness as 2008 did. I sincerely hope that 2009 teaches me to enjoy every day, that it continues to show me the beauty in the little things, and that it further teaches me to appreciate everything (and everyone) that I have in my life.

No comments: